Mobile Content Transmission via 3G Network
The client is a Wisconsin-based startup company that provided a customizable personal communication portal on PCs and cell phones.
The primary purpose of this project was to help our Customer to organize mobile content transmission (either audio or video) via 3G Network.
The idea behind the application will have an integration of both IM and VRS/ P2P services providing for a one-stop shop concept. Since IM (especially AIM) is very popular text-communication tool, the integration of an IM-based service will be very attractive with simple and intuitive interfaces.
The following objectives have been defined by the Customer:
- Application Framework with 3G Streaming over TCP - produce a working mobile version of the software that can capture audio/video and transmit and receive streaming over TCP. This is a full 3G open-standard capture and playback.
- Provide the options to capture and receive customer defined block audio/video over a TCP and JBT connections.
- Introduce a proprietary CODEC for encoding/decoding video based on a set of key input characteristics.
- Integrate the software into the Customer Network (transmission over JBT) so that the CODEC input is dynamic.
- Windows Desktop Variations: The remaining adjustments to work on the other Windows OS platforms.
- Windows Mobile Variations: The remaining adjustments to work on the other Windows Mobile devices.
- MacOS Desktop Variations: The remaining adjustments to work on Mac OS X.
- PalmOS Mobile Variations: The remaining adjustments to work on PalmOS (video capable devices only).
- Symbian Mobile Variations: The remaining adjustments to work on Customer Mobile devices (video capable only).
Broadcast can be organized using different methods. Broadcasting server can organize broadcast for several mobile clients using either content streaming or file transfer. The following methods were used for organizing mobile content broadcasting:
- An adaptive Video codec was developed for this project. It was specifically created for ARM processor and optimized for streaming video transmission via 3G network.
- Adaptive characteristics of this codec allowed it to change the video streaming quality depending on channel capacity and its stability.
- Devices based on OS Windows CE 5 are used as a client. After verification of server authorization, the client should download the service Web page. It contains ActiveX, which realizes all the functionality on the client side. After ActiveX download, the user can transmit recorded video by one of the available methods.
- User can also organize broadcast via server. Users have access to streaming video from other service users and an opportunity to exchange files with them.
- During video recording, user can see the picture from the camera on the screen and adjust such parameters as fps, resolution etc...
- Mobile Client Software GUI
- Desktop Client Software GUI
- Audio Capture For TCP Streaming
- Audio Capture For Customer defined blocks
- Video Capture For TCP Streaming
- Video Capture Customer defined blocks
- Audio/Video Save and Manipulation Methods (API)
- Audio Playback For TCP Streaming
- Audio Playback For Customer defined blocks
- Video Playback For TCP Streaming
- Video Playback For Customer defined blocks
- Client Broadcast Transmission Framework For TCP Streaming
- Server Reception Transmission Framework For TCP Streaming
- Server Re-broadcast Transmission Framework For TCP Streaming
- Client Reception Transmission Framework For TCP Streaming
- Client Broadcast Transmission Framework For Customer defined blocks