Outsourcing Consulting News
Case Study: Building community portal for a startup
The customer is one of the of the small start ups aimed to develop online classifieds, Job/Rent/Car4Sale and local forums in CA.
- End-to-End, automatic billing transactions with least manual work.
- Customer Relationship Management (Single view of the Customer)
- Value Added Services to Customers (Online Customer Self-service - Email/Fax, Online Chat, and Help)
- Management Information
After a detailed understanding of the business and technical requirements of the system, SoloSoft documented these requirements in detailed use cases. Our team defined a multi-tiered, multi-layered architecture to cater to these business and technical requirements. From the beginning SoloSoft was involved in platform and product evaluation and selection processes.
The following services were implemented:
- Field service
- Relationship management
- Customer service
- Centralized approach for deployment, but cater to regional variations
- Different user interface needs - web browser user interface for external users and
- Visual Basic based user interface for internal users
- Performance, Flexibility/Extensibility, Scalability, Maintainability and Reusability
- Email Notifications and Live Chat (passworded area)
- Personalization for registered users
- Online customer Registration
- Pricing Engine applied to various products and currencies.
Tools and Technologies
The architecture comprised of disparate technologies such as ASP.NET, XML and MS SQL database.