Outsourcing Consulting News
Development of a social networking portal targeted at Business Air Travelers
The customer is a startup internet services company planning to launch a combination of an on-line booking engine (e.g. Expedia) and a social networking site (e.g. LinkedIn) specifically targeting Business Air Travelers.
The customer chose SoloSoft to implement their internet solution with the following features:
- Ability for users to create their personal profile
- Ability for users to create/upload their travel itineraries
- Ability for users to create/upload their social network.
- Ability for users to search for other users with similar itineraries.
- Ability for users to communicate with other users for the purposes of meeting during a trip.
- Ability for users to perform on-line booking of airline tickets.
- Ability for users to perform purchase/reservations.
SoloSoft designed and integrated the following modules:
- Trip management (add, edit, delete, active, inactive, searchable, etc)
- Social network (download contacts from Outlook, Linkedin, Manually).
- Connect with users and associate registered users with specific trips.
- Airline tickets booking engine.
1. When people in My Network plan trips that coincide with My Trips (traveling to the same city at the same time);
2. When people in My Network plan trips to my home city;
3. Before I leave for one of My Trips with a list of contacts who will be at my destination).
- The developed solutions supports up to 100,000 registered users.
- It has an advanced social networking and ticket booking/purchasing services and supports about 10,000 new visitors per day, and option to charge service fees after the Portal will become more popular.
- SoloSoft solution has low operating costs and can service a large pool of potential customers.
MS Windows Server, IIS, MS SQL Server, ASP.NET, XML, AJAX